Friday, March 2, 2012

Jeremiah Small, a true hero of the faith


I have nothing to say, yet so much on my mind. Yesterday was a horrible day for those of us who knew and loved Jeremiah, but an amazing day for him as he got to see Christ face to face. It seems as though when someone dies those left behind praise that person beyond what they should really be praised, but that is not the case with Jeremiah. He was truly nothing less than a hero, giving 6 years of his life teaching in Iraq. Im sure he would have given many many more had his life not been cut short. Martyrs are not common in modern day, but Jeremiah was killed because of his faith. I can not even begin to express the pain and heartbreak we are all feeling. Jeremiah you were truly an amazing man who many looked up to. We can only hope to have half the faith you had. What a picture of the gospel you were in your life and now after your untimely death.  We just sang one of your songs in church this past month and I leaned over to my mom and said "oh look, Jeremiah." You were one of those people that you would see across the room and get super excited just because you were there! I will always remember the summer you were here in Franklin for several months. You came to the church every day and worked in Wilbur's office and that is how we got to know each other. You just instantly felt like a brother. I already miss you, but know you are so much happier where you are. I praise the Lord for having known you and know everything is in His time and for His purpose whether I can see it or not. Thank you for being my friend.

Here is a wonderful tribute to Jeremiah: What it means to kill a teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment