Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Texan-Peruvian

It is going to be so much fun teaching Santi about the places his family is from. Not only will we be able to teach him about the Incas from Peru, but also the cowboys from Texas!

In July we filed the paperwork for Santi to become a dual citizen, it was actually much easier than we thought. They hand wrote his birth certificate on the spot and sent off for his passport. We received his passport in the mail several weeks later and that was that. He is now a dual citizen with the most adorable passport picture EVER! I wish we could take Santi to Peru right now to meet Nolans whole family, but he cant get all the shots needed until he is 12 months old. So for now Skype will have to do.

My whole family is from Texas so I grew up with a huge respect for the lone star state. I was born in Texas, but only lived there for a few years, but there is still something in me that loves my birthplace. Everything in Texas is bigger and better, especially the food!!

We were given an adorable onsie with the Peruvian flag on it at a baby shower. Santi wore that onsie all the time (especially with his daddy when Peru was playing) until he finally outgrew it. Well, yesterday Santi got something Texan. Cowboy boots!!! I think any little boy in cowboy boots is adorable, maybe thats the Texan in me. But at the same time, I think anyone would think a little boy in cowboy boots is stinkin' cute. I can not wait to hear him stomping around the house in them pretending he is an outlawed cowboy with a broom horse! Oh the fun we are going to have!

Watching Peru play Uruguay on Independence day in the US. Ironic? I have
always worn red white and blue on July 4th, but I guess red and white will do.

Its official!

Thank you to whoever donated these beauties to Goodwill!
They will be loved well in their new home!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    And I learned to ride
    'fore I learned to stand
    I'm a ridin' fool who is up to date
    I know every trail in the Lone Star state
    'cause I ride the range in a Ford V8
    Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay
    Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee haw!
    Just reading this made me miss the bbq and mexican food! and pralines!
    And those cowboy boots are boot scootin!
    :)

    ReplyDelete