Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lots of firsts

We have had a bunch of firsts this week. First time in a swing, first time to sit up, first time to eat cereal. I cant believe how big my little baby is getting!

The swing was actually pretty funny. I know Santi is to small to swing, but I thought we could at least give it a shot. He smiled the whole time, but my mom and I noticed his little hands and feet were shaking. I would have taken him out, but he was so happy. I think he just felt off balance. It was pretty adorable!


Last week I started sitting Santi up. He didn't really like it and always looked down so it was impossible for him to stay up on his own. Every morning for a few minutes I would sit him up. By about the third day he was able to stay for a few seconds. So I grabbed a toy and shook it in front of him so he would look up. It took all of about 5 days and now he can sit up for probably 5 minutes all by himself. Every once in a while he will tumble over, but he is doing so good!!

Sitting up with his first ever pumpkin.

I have to say that eating real food is my favorite of Santis newest tricks. I spoke with the doctor last Monday and he told me to go for it. He said Santi is old enough and should have no problems. But he warned me that it may take several times to actually get any food down. Apparently some babies don't like the new texture, taste, and they have to get over their gag reflex. Well, not my baby. He just about grabbed the spoon out of my hand and chugged down the cereal. After a few bites he started crying so we thought he was done. Nolan got him ready for his bath while I got his water ready. Nolan decided to try one more spoonful and the kid chowed down again. Come to find out he didn't like the chair we had him in but he LOVED the food. We shall see if he likes it again tonight!




1 comment: