Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The couch

Santi has been able to get up on the couch for about 2 months now. Thankfully he hasn't been interested unless someone else is up there, until today. He discovered he could get up all on his own, and bounce, and jump off. Yeah, jump off. He has been jumping off the fireplace for a while (its about 8 inches up) and I think in his little head he thought it would be about the same. Yeah, not so much. He jumped off (thankfully I was only about a foot away) and landed on his feet, but it scared him to peices. It was a MUCH further distance than he had calculated. He cried for about 3 seconds and hoped right back up. Are you serious? What is it with boys? He wasn't about to let that little scare keep him down, literally. I then showed him how to sit down and scoot off. He thought that was fun, so he was up and down, on and off the couch for about 20 minutes. All of that time I was having a heart attack waiting for him to break a leg or his face. I know better than to not let him do it at all because he will then just do it while Im not looking. Its not like I can take the whole couch away, so its going to happen whether I want it to or not. Better that I actually be there and able to catch him or rush him to the doc if need be. By this whole fun event I have decided that children are not good for blood pressure. But man oh man did he have fun!

When he first re-realized he could get on the couch he was very calm and happily brought a book along.

Looking at cars and probably hoping Papi would come home soon!

Deciding his jumping method.

Post 500 jump/scoots. All that fun was very exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment