Saturday, September 15, 2012

Goodwill

When Nolan moved to the States not only did he not speak English, but he didn't have a car and wasn't allowed to have a job for several months. Thankfully we lived next door to a shopping center that had a grocery store, Goodwill, and several other small shops. Nolan fell in love with Goodwill. He was shocked at the brand new to slightly used things people would give away. Often you can find things that still have the original tags on them. I can't say it is his favorite store anymore, but he still stops by there often.

The other night right after dinner Nolan mentioned he wanted to run by Goodwill to get some new work shoes. He works with water a lot, so there in no need in getting nice expensive new shoes. I reluctantly agreed to go with him and brought along a fussy-ready for bed Santi. MAN am I glad I did. Not only did I find a pair of long-johns in Santi's size (to die for), but we found Baby Boden pants ($42 new), several baby Gap shirts, some cute Old Navy pants, and the greatest Batman rain boots ever. Santi has worn the boots every waking moment since.

If I keep finding such amazing deals Santi may never get new clothes! I guess thats the best part though. All these things LOOK brand new. Haha! No one would ever know I didn't spend a fortune. Thank you Goodwill. And thank you everyone who donates adorable clothes so I can buy them for $1.

Adorable pants.

The shirt on the middle right is my favorite. It has little arm "tattoos".

The boots that he loves with all his heart. He now points to Batman when I ask him where he is.

The best part is this is what I woke up to this morning. Nolan let me sleep in and this
 is what he was wearing when I woke up. Be still my heart. I could burst!




No comments:

Post a Comment