Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Its all about the boots

I teach Spanish on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. As I was getting dressed I decided to wear fall-ish boots since its getting a little cooler outside. Our kitchen is laminate, so my boots made all kinds of fun noises when I walked in there. Santi immediately noticed how amazing the boot noises were and followed my every move. 

Going back 12 months. In September of 2011 I found these beauties (where else but Goodwill). 


At the time Santi was only 3 months old, but I knew that every little boy needs a good pair of cowboy boots. I learned about boys and cowboy boots as a child when my brother renamed himself Cowboy Bob. I thought Santi would be 2 or 3 before he could wear the huge things. Little did I know at the time that I would be raising a GIANT MAN! 

So back to yesterday. I knew the boots would be too big, but I thought he could at least try them on and click around on the kitchen floor. Sure enough the boots are too big, but they aren't too big to stay on. Like I said, the kid has huge feet! Oh what joy I brought to the little mans heart. He cluncked around on the floor with great happiness. He thought he was soooo cool! He would look at my feet, then his, then mine, then his. Never did they fall off. Something tells me this is going to be a boot kind of fall for the little man.

I bet you didn't know Batman was a cowboy! He is!

Santi got to bring joy to his Great-Grandmother later in the day with the boots too! Being from Texas, she was overjoyed to see the littlest wearing boots!

Mamas cute boots and Santis cool boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment